Saturday, May 12, 2012

Finally! S’s Novel Is Out And Going Studs On The Blog



Well, that was a lot of work, but we finally got out Scott Solano’s book, THE PATRIOT AND A CONSPIRICIST, as an eBook. Yes, of course it’s cool as hell, so do your head a favor and read it. You can read the first chapter and a good portion of the second for free. A physical version will follow, likely by the end of the year, as a German publisher has agreed to our terms.

I didn’t think it was a good idea for Scott to use his real name, but he insisted, so maybe that makes me even more pessimistic about government than him. And let me tell you, the process of putting together a book was much more demanding than I thought it would be. It sucked, really. Whew, it’s done and now I can move on and get back to trading and whatever the heck else I supposedly do.

I’m currently reading a fabulous book by Studs Terkel, American Dreams: Lost & Found. This book is really blowing my mind. It explores the mythos of the American Dream as told in narratives (interviews) by everyday and famous Americans. It is an inspiring book and I was thinking that this is the type of historical work I’d like to emulate in the blog. Instead of interviewing the Superwomen of Frankfurt, I want to explore the modern mythos of dreams and success on these cyber pages by creating narratives from interviews with ordinary and famous (or semi-known) people. I think it would give this blog a noble purpose.

Moving onward, well, shares of Commerzbank AG (CBK.DE) did pretty much just what The Renewable Man said they would do. I still can’t believe they couldn’t hit the €2 mark! Oh well, I’m still holding my Commerzbank shares since my last buy. I probably would have got rid of them but I was too engaged with the damn book.

And yeah, I got interviewed for an article in Resource Investing News. The journalist made me sound much smarter than I am. The article deals with the why of low trading volumes and you can read it here.

I wish everybody a fine day or eve,
Stanley

No comments:

Post a Comment